After that not-so-quick word from our sponsor, The Holiday Season, we now return to our regularly scheduled blogging.
Thoughts on the New Year:
1. I have 19 pounds to lose.
2. Love the holidays and love getting back to the rhythm of everyday life.
3. No one will ever take care of your dogs the way that you do.
4. I’ve deleted the word “resolutions” from my vocabulary and have replaced it with “creative spark.” I will create 2009 like a painting of many layers, not force it into some kind of resolved, strength-of-will, restrictive land of limitations.
5. I have so much respect and admiration for my sister, Dalinda, that I don’t even know how to tell her that.
6. I’m grateful that my mom never seems to get any older.
7. This week I will begin our garden from seeds in our garage and I am convinced that watching something grow will keep January from sucking like it has so much potential to do.
8. My classes this spring are going to be the best I’ve ever taught. (I say that every semester and then wonder what the hell happened about six weeks in, but, you know, try, try, again.)
9. I have a secret belief that 2009 is going to be absolutely fantastic for me because my numerology number is 11 and the number for 2009 is, of course, 11 (2+0+0+9). I wouldn’t stake such a strong claim on this except that my “Lifetime Numerology Report!” from several years ago predicted some pretty huge things with amazing accuracy. Also, it’s a positive secret belief, not some fear that horrible things will happen, so I’m going with it.
10. I love my family more each year.
Happy New Year, everybody! Create great things!